5 Reasons Why You Should Outsource Cloud Management
5 Reasons Why You Should Outsource Cloud Management
The main battle is not moving to the Cloud. That is the easy part. The challenge lies in managing it. Many companies are now realizing that they may have bitten more than they can chew, which is probably why Cloud outsourcing has become a norm. Nevertheless, there’s nothing to feel apprehensive about anymore. For now, you can outsource Cloud management.
What Constitutes Cloud Management?
Cloud management is the process of managing, controlling, and overseeing Cloud services and the associated products. So admins can easily manage user activity, services, applications, and data.
5 Reasons For Outsourcing Cloud Management
If you have any doubts about outsourcing Cloud management, this article is just for you. By the time you finish reading with it, you are most likely to wonder why there were any misgivings in the first place. So without much further ado, here are the five most important reasons for outsourcing:
1. In-House IT Unit Has More Time For Other Tasks – All businesses do not start big. They start on a small scale and build from there. Hence, maintain small teams. Even their IT teams are small. But, nowadays, all businesses, whether big or small, are either already on the Cloud or migrating to it. It means there is more burden on the IT team. They not only have to manage the Cloud but also look after the projects that support the business. Both jobs are equally demanding, and giving one precedence over the other can prove to be detrimental. So, the most viable option that remains is to outsource Cloud management to a Managed Service Provider or an MSP. Now that the in-house IT team has more free time, it can do complete justice to supporting the business operations and help with its expansion.
2. Experts And Expertise Are Someone Else’s Problem – Cloud is an evolving platform, so much, so that one needs to train and learn continuously to keep on top of things. When you outsource Cloud management, it is no more your responsibility to maintain a team of well-trained experts. Their training is a costly affair. Moreover, as a business owner, you may not know where to start. Outsourcing Cloud management puts the ball squarely in the court of the MSP. It is now their responsibility to ensure that their team has up-to-date expertise and is current and fluent with all Cloud tools, techniques, and solutions. Think of it practically, the job of the MSP is to manage the Cloud, and therefore, they need to excel in it. Your job is to run a profitable business, and you need to excel in it by making strategic decisions, Cloud outsourcing being one.
3. Cost Efficiency – Maintaining an in-house IT team, maintaining their tools and resources, and updating their skills is no child’s play. It is expensive and time-consuming. Although Cloud migration reduces the overall IT cost, you land up spending what you save if you keep its management in-house. Outsourcing is a cheaper option as yours is not the only business whose Cloud management is handled by the MSP. They have several other clients, and as such, the expense is distributed, and you land up paying only a fraction of what you save. Hence, the savings increase, which you can utilize elsewhere in the business to make it more productive and profitable. Putting it precisely, you gain cost-efficiency by outsourcing Cloud management.
4. Increased Network Security – Cloud security is a shared responsibility between the Cloud service provider and the user or the party taking care of its management on behalf of the user. The whole point is that your side of responsibility for ensuring Cloud security gets shifted to the MSP who is managing your Cloud. Since they are the experts in the field, they know all tricks of the trade to provide the best data and application protection. They are better equipped to grant and restrict permissions for third-party applications, thereby ensuring no unauthorized accesses are granted to anyone. It is their reputation on the line. You can rest assured they will deal with your data with utmost care.
5. Improved Performance – Most performance issues once on the Cloud arise because of its faulty design and deployment. But nobody is to blame for that because your forte is running the business and not analyze its Cloud architecture. Nevertheless, with outsourcing to an MSP, you are in good hands. Their business is the Cloud. They fully understand the importance of correct Cloud design and deployment. There’s nobody better than them to rectify things and set you up straight and correct. Once that is achieved, you shall regain efficiency and may even be able to make further improvements in processes to increase performance.
Things To Keep In Mind While Outsourcing Cloud Management
When outsourcing Cloud management, keep the following things in mind:
1. Choose your Cloud outsourcing partner with care. They should be a reputed firm with an experienced team. Above all, they should be legal and completely trustworthy.
2. No matter what, the MSP should always keep you and your IT team in the loop through regular and timely reports. Important decisions should be taken with your consent.
Nobody will think any less of you or your business just because you decide to outsource your Cloud management. In fact, this move is considered strategic, and your contemporaries are going to wonder why they didn’t make the move themselves. Today, even big firms outsource Cloud management to gain cost efficiencies, enhance performance, make their Cloud more secure, and improve Cloud architecture. Then why not you? If you want to run a successful business, you need to do what you do the best and leave the rest to experts. The one thing you must do to improve your competitive standing is to introduce and cultivate the culture of Cloud acceptance and the changes it brings.
If you are looking for a trusted and reputed Cloud outsourcing partner, allow us to introduce ourselves. We are Oamii Technologies, a leader in cloud computing, database, and data warehousing solutions. One of our key services is Cloud management. When you partner with us, we assure the complete integrity and security of your cloud space. Our Cloud management will leave you free to focus on growing your business. In your prosperity lies ours, for when you grow, so do we.