How to Choose The Best Cloud Infrastructure Management Service?
How to Choose The Best Cloud Infrastructure Management Service?
What is cloud infrastructure?
Cloud infrastructure is a phrase used to describe the elements needed for cloud computing. It includes hardware, storage, abstracted resources, and network resources. Think of cloud infrastructure as the accessories needed to build a cloud. It is needed to host services and applications in the Cloud.
How does cloud infrastructure work?
Cloud infrastructure uses abstraction technology, which runs a virtual instance of a computer system in a layer abstracted from the hardware. This technology is used to separate resources from physical hardware and supply them to clouds. Automation software and management tools allot these resources and arrange new environments. This way, users can access what they need and when they need it.
What’s included in cloud infrastructure?
Cloud computing infrastructure is the collection of software and hardware elements needed to enable cloud computing. It includes:
- Computing power
- Virtualized resources
As a term, cloud infrastructure can also be described as a whole cloud computing system by putting all the pieces together or the individual technologies themselves.
Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS is a leading example of this model. With the help of IaaS, an enterprise or a team acquires the computing infrastructure it needs over the Internet, including computing power, storage, and plenty of related resources such as load balancers and firewalls. They do this instead of provisioning and managing their physical infrastructure. Instead, they lease the resources they need from the IaaS provider.
Need For Cloud Infrastructure Management Services
Every business needs cloud infrastructure if they want to host services and applications in the Cloud. Cloud infrastructure services involve constructing, installing, observing, supporting, strengthening, and optimizing the Cloud or hybrid Information Technology infrastructure. It is crucial to choose the service provider who guarantees high performance, accessibility, and scalability of the Cloud infrastructures with its specialized Cloud Infrastructure Management services.
It’s important to understand that cloud computing has advanced a lot over the years. Spending on cloud computing services has been on the rise since 2009. The growth rate is due to companies increasing storage needs and its ease of use.
Another fundamental cause for this growing demand is the rise of small startups operating on a small budget. Cloud computing services can give businesses access to various IT resources without hefty capital investment, an excellent option for SMEs. Moreover, cloud computing is great at offering options for immediate capacity, where businesses can have separate instances for burst capacity.
However, it’s essential to understand that not all cloud service providers are equally good. Our cloud experts here at Oamii Technologies often find that some cloud computing service providers are not suitable for all kinds of businesses. If you settle for the wrong cloud service provider, disadvantages like potential security issues and lower performance can negatively impact your business.
Essential Cloud Infrastructure Management Services
1. Cloud Strategies – Your chosen service provided should rationally chart a course for your cloud migration. They should help you choose the cloud platform that meets all your business requirements. The goal is to ease the development efforts and decrease cloud costs.
2. Modern Cloud Designs – Choose those who design every application as a collection of highly maintainable and testable services, also known as microservice architectures. Using prioritized container services, one should optimize the cloud consumption to guarantee the scalability of the infrastructure.
3. Multilevel Automation – Choose the ones who are experts in Infrastructure as Code or IaC methodology. They should be able to automate the cloud infrastructure setup and its management. It also allows the autoscaling of reactive cloud resources for curtailing the cloud utilization overheads.
Ensure They Provide Support For Popular Services
Some consultants only specialize in one or two IT infrastructure service providers and may have the least experience for those that suit your business requirements. Select the ones who have expertise in all the following popular services.
1. Multi-cloud Infrastructure Management – They should have expertise in customizing multi-cloud architecture solutions that are balanced for high performance and low costs.
2. AWS Managed Services – Choose the ones who execute IT infrastructures and Software as a Service app to Amazon Web Services using the best cost to the performance model.
3. Azure Managed Services – Select the sensible ones who can practically carry out Azure designs and deployment or migrate SaaS applications and IT infrastructures.
How to choose the best cloud infrastructure management services
Before you search the world of cloud infrastructure management services, you should first recognize what exactly you are attempting to achieve by making a move.
Opt for consultants that offer the following services in their cloud infrastructure management services:
- Design and develop optimal cloud strategies: Opt for companies who sensibly plan your cloud migration and make the ways to market it. Most companies help you choose the cloud platform adherent to your needs and utilizing the embeddable functionality and managed PaaS environments offered by a cloud vendor to cut down development efforts and optimize the Cloud usage cost.
- Migration and implementation of cloud infrastructures and integration of the private and public Cloud.
- Supervising, managing, and network maintenance of Cloud infrastructure and guarantying regulatory compliance for all the Cloud infrastructures.
- Select those who design microservice architectures and set up the containerized services to refine cloud consumption and ensure infrastructure scalability.
Ensure that the firm maintains and improves system uptime and security. They should regularly revise the internal services, such as database systems, anti-virus protection, CMS, file-server systems, monitoring systems, and local networks. In addition to that, they should take responsibility for hardware consistency and support.
Check whether your cloud-infrastructure-management service provider provides efficient IT services such as reporting process management, CI/CD process management, and cloud infrastructure improvement plans. They should be compliant with industry standards and provide compliance reports based on compliance assessments.
Regular transparent reporting is a crucial factor. Reports must include:
- Health check reports.
- Security audit reports.
- Regular service level reports.
- Incidence reports with root cause analysis.
The best management providers offer timely consultations on upgrading or modifying the infrastructure for improved scalability and performance in maintenance and support. Connect with our team at Oamii Technologies and get a free consultation on how to best manage your cloud infrastructure for optimal performance.