Benefits of Using Cloud Computing Technology in Your Business
Benefits of Using Cloud Computing Technology in Your Business
Technology is advancing at such a rapid pace that sometimes it’s very hard to keep up. Many industries have been revolutionized due to technological advancements. The businesses which catch up with such technological advancements continue to thrive and keep you ahead of your competition. It also helps you in reducing operational costs and provides agility to grow. One such technological advancements are Cloud Computing.
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing isn’t something new in 2021 and is here to stay for a very long time. To simply put, cloud computing is a technology that provides access to and use of computing resources and programs via the internet.
It is a delivery of computing services over the internet on a pay-as-you-go basis. In layman’s terms, rather than managing files and services on a local storage device, you will be managing the same over the internet in a cost-efficient manner. According to Dell, companies that invest in cloud computing, big data, mobility, and security enjoy up to 53% faster revenue growth than their direct competitors. Based on this data, we can conclude that most tech-savvy businesses and industry leaders are recognizing the numerous benefits of cloud computing.
With the exponential usage of data, it is becoming more and more difficult for companies and individuals to keep all of their essential information, systems, and programs up and running on in-house computer servers.
Cloud Computing Models
Cloud computing has two types of models. The right solution or model for the business depends entirely on your needs.
1. Deployment model: It works as your virtual computing environment with a choice of deployment model depending on the amount of data you want to store and who has access to the infrastructure. There are again three types of deployment models:
- Public cloud
- Private cloud
- Hybrid cloud.
2. Service model: There are three primary service models available:
- IAAS(Infrastructure as a service)
- PAAS(Platform as a service)
- SAAS(Software as a service)
There are many advantages or disadvantages of choosing one model over the other. Choose a suitable model based on your business requirements. Some of the most popular cloud computing services in the market are Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. We have listed the nine significant benefits of using cloud computing technology to help leaders across the world who are hesitating to commit to cloud computing solutions.
9 Benefits Of Using Cloud Computing Technology In Your Business:
1. It helps you cut down the costs: Many businesses primarily use cloud computing to minimize their operating costs and become more profitable. You pay more for on-premise setup when it comes to scalability, and it gives you lesser options. It often leads to heavy losses in terms of maintenance cost and infrastructure while using an on-premise setup. On the other hand, cloud computing allows you to pay only based on how much you use, which will drastically reduce the operating costs.
2. Improved security for your business: You will improve the security of your business by choosing cloud computing solutions. Businesses have security concerns just because all their data is stored locally on their on-premise systems. They offer less data security and are prone to cyber-attacks. At the same time, when you are using cloud computing systems, it is the host’s job to monitor security and protect your data from cyber-attacks. It offers much better security and lets you avoid constantly monitoring and managing security protocols.
3. Server Storage: Businesses need a lot of space to maintain their on-premise servers, notwithstanding the power and maintenance hassles that come with them. On the other hand, cloud computing solutions are offered by cloud service providers to securely manage and maintain servers.
4. Data Recovery: One of the significant advantages of using cloud computing is data recovery. You will completely lose your data which is kept in local devices in a disaster event like a flood or fire. The chance of data recovery with an on-premise setup is very small. In contrast, cloud computing has robust disaster recovery measures in place to ensure faster and more accessible data recovery. You can even install daily, weekly, and monthly backups, which are very helpful if you lose any of your data.
5. Maintenance: When using on-premise setups, the system requires additional hardware and software maintenance, loading up the costs by a large degree. On the other hand, cloud computing systems are maintained by the cloud service provider, reducing your costs and resource allocation substantially.
6. Flexibility: Cloud-based services offer a lot of flexibility when it comes to hosting. A cloud-based service provider can instantly give you extra bandwidth if you need it immediately. But it is very costly and hard to upgrade a standard server when needed. If your business spends too much time and effort on the maintenance of data storage, cloud computing will provide relief from such difficulties.
7. Increased Collaboration: Cloud services enable you to expand your business in different verticals. You can use them across many operations in your company. Because of technology like cloud computing, there is much Software as Service(SaaS) applications like Zoom and Slack, enabling your team to collaborate easily from any place in the world. Your teams can communicate by transferring data, edit files, and schedule meetings.
8. Mobility: One of the most significant features of cloud computing technology is the ability to access all your documents and data from any place in the world and from any device. Additionally, you don’t need external storage devices to store data. One can access it directly from the browser and exchange it with your team members without any hassle. Not just for the application promoter, it also helps the end-user to access the application from the desktop, laptop, or mobile—a Win-Win situation for everyone.
9. Analytics and Insights: The advantage of collecting data is to read and analyze them. It will help organizations recognize the potential problems and find solutions using advanced technologies like data science and machine learning. Most of the Cloud-based solutions offer integrated cloud analytics to give more critical metrics about your data. With your essential data stored in the cloud, you can quickly build customized reports and analyze information across the organization.